(910) 671-9393 or (910) 671-5593
Southeastern Community Health Education Center (CHEC)
Community Health Education Center (CHEC) is a consumer health library located in Biggs Park Mall that offers free health information in a wide variety of formats. The Community Health Education Center (CHEC) is a consumer health library operated by Southeastern Regional Medical Center in association with Southeastern Regional Medical Center Foundation and Robeson County Public Library. CHEC’s purpose is to provide the community with consumer health information. The service is free and all information is easily accessed.
CHEC is a service of Southeastern Regional Medical Center. Please keep in mind that materials contained in the CHEC collection are provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. We recommend you study materials and use them to formulate questions to discuss with your health practitioner. Please consult your physician on specific medical questions.
- Self-monitored blood pressure/weigh/BPI machine
- Books and audio visuals available for check out (you must have a current Robeson County Public Library card. If you have never had a RCPL card, the staff can issue a card free of charge).
- A wide variety of pamphlets and brochures (including some materials in Spanish)
- Staff Internet searches performed for information not in collection
- Public Internet access: sites are specified – no surfing
- A fax machine – to use only with library reference materials
- A copy machine – to use only with library reference materials
- Physical fitness
- Blood pressure
- And much more